Saturday 31 January 2015

Plastered!!!!

It was a rainy week this week so we were not expecting much action but the house was insulated early in the week and, when the sun came out on Thursday, so did the Gyprockers.   The whole house had the rough Gyprock completed in 1 day - we finally have walls and it looks AMAZING and huge! and the surprise is that it is quite cool as well.  Very happy :)
 
Here are a few photos although I will have to take some more - every time I go to have a look I get so distracted that I forget to take the damn photos
 
    Fridge space in the kitchen
 
    Media alcove in the boys games room/home theatre
 
   The Dining area from the kitchen into the games room
 
    The biggest laundry in history...
 
I also have a great chat with our SS on Friday and apparently its all systems go now. Next week the Gyprockers will be completing all week (all the detail work and cornices etc) along with the carpenter coming back to complete the lower roof Eves, cladding to 2nd storey and balcony.
 
After that he has booked the stairs to be installed on Tuesday week (10/2) then it will carpenter back to complete up to lock up, waterproofer in, cabinets installed, tiler, painter, fit off, tiler and then painter again (yes I was taking shorthand when he was speaking).  He said we are on track to have PCI by the end of March and.....the big news....when I said we had to be out of our existing house by April 20 he said 'Oh you will be in your house by then'.  What a weight off my shoulders - I can actually enjoy the building process again rather than stressing that I will be homeless in April (we have no Plan B)
 
Oh man Wisdom Homes if the house continues to look as amazing as it does and we are in by April 20 all will be forgiven and I will be shouting your praise to everyone I meet.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome news :) so happy for you. We have been stalking your build. Would you be able to share your SS's name as we are building on Darug and wondering if it will be the same. We signed our End panel yesterday, when would you say some movement on our block will occur? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!!!! I think we have spoken on the Building Forum before - so happy that you are progressing now. Feel free to stalk - we certainly have been stalking all the other builds (Wisdom or not) in our area. It will be good to have another Wisdom build close by.
    Our SS is Craig Sheens - I would assume he will be yours too as he has the single storey on Binyang and the double on James Riley Drive too.
    From End panel to our land being levelled was almost 3 weeks however in that time we had the pegs, fence and loo delivered - it all seems so long ago now :)
    It all starts now for you so enjoy...

    ReplyDelete